Today was just one of those days...
After I got home, I tried to figure out what's up at the VU. I called, was told to call someone else, called him, was told to call the first place, etc. - got no where. Then, I was a little late to pick up Camiel, so I left immediately, drove to the town where he goes to school...and the tire popped. Seriously. So, I walked the rest of the way to the school (a few blocks). On the way there, I passed two guys sitting on the side walk, apparently on lunch break or something - they started whistling and talking to me, and pissed off as I was, I gave them some nasty looks. Got to the school. I looked for 5-10 min for this kid and could not find him. I got the teacher to help me, and finally we found him walking down the street looking for my car. First I gave him the harshest "don't ever do that again"talk that I could in Dutch, then the teacher did, and he ended up crying. Then, we walked back to the car and I started to change the tire. The jack was broken. Fuck. I looked around for anyone who could help me, and finally resorted to walking up to those guys mentioned earlier, kid in hand, and asked if I could borrow a jack. They looked at me first surprised, then kinda guiltily. The oldest (around 40s) made some comments about my clothes being dirty and then winked at me(fucker), and the youngest said he would help me. He turned out to be pretty nice, and got a jack. He started changing the tire, then his jack broke. (No kidding). He went to get another one, and finally, an hour after first getting there, the tire was switched. I got to the house and decided to go get a phone card so I can use a cell phone. Just as I was leaving, Ingrid came home. I told her about the card, she told me to use hers instead (being really nice and not getting mad about the tire). Then she handed me some mail. Great - my application to the VU was sent back to me. So, I went back to the VU right away, just before they closed. Found out that I need some paperwork from the town hall saying I am here legally (which originally I was told wouldn't be a problem and I could get it later). But I can't do that till Tuesday... and I can't start taking classes till I pay, which I can't do till Luuk signs the paper for me. So, great, at least I know what I need to do now. I went to Amsterdam centre to find the phone card, and the bloody phone refused to turn on. So, even that was a no go.
The highlight of my day was seeing a guy walk by with a t-shirt that read "There is no end to the list of things that could go wrong."
I smiled.
8 years ago
3 comments:
WOW! sounds like you've had one hell of a day. I'm sorry. But the t-shirt thing almost makes up for it. :)
TQM
good grief. that's one funny post.
Hey Amanda...good to hear from you.
Post a Comment