13 September 2006

A field of a thousand geese...

Yesterday, I passed two white horses with black spots. Their coats looked like dalmation fur... It was weird - I've never seen horses like that before.
While driving to Dane's, I passed a field full of hundreds of geese.
I also had almost all green lights. That was sweet. :)
Dane and I found a really cool bar in Uithoorn. Woulda been nice to know about it before. Now it doesn't matter, cause he's moving. Bastard. Now I will have to travel for 40 min any time I feel like hanging out with him. I can't believe he's deserting me. :p
This past weekend, Dane and I checked out a coffee shop in Amsterdam. That was interesting...
(I just realized how many times I mentioned Dane in this one blog...hmm...I need to make more friends...) (especially since he's leaving me...)
The boat I use to row across the canal has at least 6 spiders in it, two of which are huge. I've actually been able to display an amazing degree of calm while sitting in that boat everyday. I guess I can control my fears when it's absolutely necessary.
We have three huge cat's here. One likes to go to my room when I'm not there and sleep on my bed. I don't mind, because he also likes to wait for me at the dock at night and walks next to me as I go to the house. His company is greatly appreciated late at night when dodging spider webs and dark bushes. I like cats...

3 comments:

Sara said...

Yes, coffee shops in Amsterdam are interesting... especially when you have no idea what you are ordering...!

Too bad (for you) that Dane is moving away. Have you been able to find much community where you are at?

blessings.

Gabriel Florit said...

don't you hang out with luke too? or does he live far, far away, in a land time long forgot?

Tom S said...

Amsterdam sounds interesting. Things like geese and canals seem pretty exotic after you've been stuck in the middle of cornfields for any length of time. I've been toying around with the idea of post-grad ed in philosophy, of which the free university could be a possibility, so maybe I'll see you in a few years. Of course that's only if Calvinism, or maybe the way Dordt presents it, doesn't infuriate me to point of never wanting to hear anything along the lines of "lets go redeem this or that thing in the holy name of John Calvin and the Christian Reformed Church" ever again...which is another story entirely. Take care Amanda...