Weird thing happened just now...I tried to get to my blog as usual, using the web address... kept saying it didn't exist! I googled it, couldn't find it. Went to blogspot.com, also said it didn't exist... Finally, I went to someone else's blog and took the link, and there it was. I was just on the brink of freaking out... but I survived...
Worse thing happened this morning. I took Camiel to school and the parking lot was full, so I had to parallel park. I am not so hot at that in an automatic, and in a stick it's just embarassing.. I tried to be very careful, moved slowly, checked all angles, etc, and just when I was congratulating myself on making it into such a tight spot, I heard a big bump, followed by the awful sound of scraping metal. What I didn't know was that the car I was driving has a hitch on the back, making the space available to me just a little bit smaller... I ended up knocking the license plate off the car behind me and ripping apart the plate holder.
Ok. So, not sooo bad. But, I had to run Camiel to class, and when I got back, there was a woman standing at the car looking very unhappy. Speaking out loud to her only made matters worse because she immediately saw that I am a foreigner, and at that moment I'm sure all negative impressions of Americans were running through her head (I should have told her I was Canadian...shit). After giving her my number, explaining a bit about the hitch and my inexperience with Dutch parking spots and apologizing a few times, etc, she was a little nicer and even smiled at me, so I hope that means we left on good terms. My aupair parents might not be smiling when they get the bill (which, I hope isn't too big...).
I guess it could be worse... As is, I think my pride was damaged the most.
Augh! I want to run through a field throwing rocks and screaming at the top of my lungs!
I'll just drink coffee instead.
8 years ago
2 comments:
oh amanda. after driving in toronto, and having a few incidences quite similar to yours with my boss in the passenger`'s seat, I can definitely relate...just think: you'll hopefully never have to see her again....xoxo!
I want coffeeeee!!!!!!!
Post a Comment