27 September 2006

I've looked at clouds from both sides now...

I woke up this morning and when I looked out my window, I could see nothing beyond the garden. The entire region is covered in a thick cloud of fog. I once wished I could live in the clouds, like the "Care Bears".
The canal was beautiful, still and glossy, with white wisps swirling above it, disturbed by the oars and the four-year-old flailing his arms about. I had to drive slow, a couple times almost running through an intersection. Everything feels sleepy, as if the fog got into our heads while we were still in bed...
Most of the spiders have disappeared, probably gone to some warm little hole somewhere to wait for the sun. Their webs are now more visible than ever, and suddenly I see a thousand more that I did not know existed. They are covered in dew, drooping a bit with the weight, white, glossy, and sparkling. The garden looks a bit like it's been decorated for halloween...yet somehow I actually find the webs beautiful today. I suppose it just fits the mood...like something from "Sleepy Hollow" or "Wuthering Heights"...though less creepy.

3 comments:

Dane said...

I bet they all climbed into your room, sensing your fear! The fog was weird this morning wasn't it. Can't see any of the city from the 13th floor today its so thick!

ann renee. said...

Is autumn in full swing in La Pays Bas (french for the Nederlands) yet? Everything over here is very colourful.

Mela said...

we still haven't gotten attacked by those vicious asian beatles. leaves are only just starting to turn colors. It's been cold lately, so I am guessing its going to quickly change around here. I love de herfst(?).