I went to Utrecht with Dane on Saturday night at we stayed at Liesbeth's. For the first time in months I went to church twice on Sunday...I would like to think it made up for missing church a couple times in the past few weeks, but I really didn't understand much except for one word that the pastor kept repeating in the evening service. Pastors have a way of mumbling and speaking too fast and using huge words that are completely impossible to translate quickly.
Liesbeth is refreshing - she's so full of energy and always happy. She is inevitably contagiously so, thus I felt much better by the end of Sunday night than I did all week. So, thank you my friend, for the much needed dose of cheer.
Last night, I took Dane home the long way, past the place where I live. The road is very narrow (for two cars to pass each other, we have to both go off the pavement just a bit), and curvy, winding along an equally confusing canal. I turned a corner just as a rabbit was jumping out of the bushes. The stupid thing ran straight toward the car, so even though I slowed down, I still ended up running over it! I have never hit an animal before, and even now I can feel the bump it made under the tires and the sickening feeling that hit my stomach as soon as I realized what had happened. On the way home I had to go the same way, and I saw the bunny still lying there, sprawled out and bloody, in the middle of the road. He looked like a pet, white and grey instead of the wild brown...some kid probably found his little "Fluffy" squashed on the road this morning as he was leaving for school and is now traumatized for life...
8 years ago
4 comments:
true. You ruined his life, Amanda "BloodThirst" VanderPloeg.
aw, thats nothing. once I ran over a whole family of racoons - mama and babies - with a van full of my hope haven clients. :( I don't think they liked that very much, but you can't exactly swerve with a 15 passenger van...
ps. Hoe gaat het? recibi una A en mi primer nederlandse quiz. :) y eso sin estudiar. love you!
Should have grabbed it and made stew!
Ahh, rabbit stew, mmmmmmmmmmm!
I'm moving. It's official!
Sorry! You can come visit though!
oh, amanda. Just think of that poor little dutch kid who woke up the next morning to the death of a pet.
HEY! I HAVE A TELEPHONE! FINALLY! THAT MEANS I CAN CALL YOU. BUT I NEED YOUR NUMBER. (ps. I've got un-bloggable stories to tell you...:) )
Post a Comment