The one year old can now say my name. Sort of. He used to call me "mama", but then when I'd tell him I'm not mama, I'm Amanda, he'd start calling me "papa". But now I am "Amana".
Yesterday the baby sneezed and somehow all his snot from his nose managed to land on his forhead. I laughed. Then I cleaned him up.
Last night I went to bed at 1, and had to get up at 7:30 this morning. I don't think I'll do that very often.
I finished reading "The Secret History" (Donna Tartt). I really liked that book. Now I have to find another one to read...
At the bar that Dane and his fellow philosophy students go to (and where I tag along to), there is this guy who always shows up, walking around with a polariod camera, with what I have come to believe is the best smile I've ever seen (Dane described it as a full-face smile). He nods at people he passes by and holds up the camera, waiting for someone to ask him to take their picture. Some day I will ask him to take mine. What I really want to do is ask him to sit down and have a beer with us. He just looks so interesting.
8 years ago
4 comments:
you should ask him to sit down, maybe ask to take his picture, then you can post it.
I am loving psych here in edmonton and wishing you could come over for a whole night and we could sit up discussing behavior while sipping very strong wine all night. You must visit someday.
how's your dutch coming?
I hope you are finding peace and joy more and more each day.
When I started reading your entry I read "can" as "cat" and was really amazed that your cat could talk..! Then I figured it out.
Hooray for full face smiles and people who impact others positively in such small motions. You've got me intrigued...
blessings.
i'm reading The Female Brain by Dr. Louann Brizendine http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Books/story?id=2274147&page=1
i can tell you the introduction is good. :)
do it!!!
Post a Comment