22 September 2006

I think I am losing my mind...

I am apparently now a VU student (finally). And now I am not so sure I made the best choice. But, ignoring all doubts and insecurities (which mostly revolve around lack of $$$), I am going to figure out a class schedule, and dig in!
Yikes.
I went to a zoo with Ingrid, the neighbor lady, and four kids and a baby yesterday. Very nice zoo, huge playground (every kids' fantasy!), perfect weather... Going with kids under 5 yrs of age is a bit of a bitch though. They aren't particularly interested in the animals, get tired easily, want to eat all the time, and constantly need to go to the bathroom... (And seriously, who designed strollers with front wheels that don't turn??? Must have been someone who never had to push a 50lb kid around all day... pff). But it was fun, despite all that. The town the zoo is in is beautiful - it even has hills!!!
This morning I decided that I officially dislike the Wallflowers... I heard a song or two of theirs that I liked once, so when I saw their cd on sale somewhere, I bought it. Hadn't listened to it since, and today I put it in while driving...every song sounds too much like the previous, the vocals are boring, the lyrics rather stupid, and the music is just not my sort I guess... That was disappointing...
Last night I got a picture of me, Dane, and some (funny, talkative) British guy and his gf and her roommate...taken by the man that smiles. :) I got him to bring the price down from 5euro to 3euro, but then I didn't have 3euro change so I paid him 4 instead... He smiled. Next time, I will ask him to join us for a beer.

4 comments:

Kunnari said...

that's awesome that you got the guy to take your picture. going to the zoo in omaha was probably one of the best times this summer. it was so layed back and relaxing... going with little kids sounds a bit stressful, but despite not them seeming to be interested I'm sure they'll remember it fondly later. I always loved going to the zoo when I was little.

Jeffy said...

zoo's are cool

I never had one close to me growing up = sadness

Jacob Dylan is hot, that's a good thing about the wallflowers right?

Dane said...

I think that your forgetting the most important part of the first section of your blog: I'm responsible for your being registered. I'm da man!
And the brits name is Andrej (hes 32 and horny!). The other two girls are polish (names forgotten, again).
Stupid memory!

Amanda said...

Yes Dane, it is thanks to you. :) I will only say this once, so enjoy: You're da man.
And, Jacob Dylan...he's alright. He actually reminds me a bit (at least in the picture on the cd) of Joshua. Funny....well, I guess that's one reason to not throw it out...