This morning, I called Luuk but he didn't answer his cell...he called back later to tell me that he was in the hospital at the time, which is why he didn't answer... Hospital?! Yes, the hospital. He got hit by a car while biking to class. The driver went through a red light and slammed into him almost head on. But, he is ok...just a very bruised and swollen elbow, which is now resting nicely in a sling. His bike faired much worse, now a crumpled, useless heap of metal.
I'm glad I wasn't there.
I would have freaked out I think.
What if the car was going faster?
Or he his is head harder?
But it wasn't, he didn't, so I should stop thinking about it.
I really am learning to dislike the VU. The more I have to deal with them, the less I want to study there. I can never get anything done in one visit, rarely am told exactly what the next step is so I have to figure it out myself, and the only man who has been particularly helpful is always very busy, so scheduling appointments to meet with him is quite a hassle. But, I am getting very very close to actually studying something there. Woohoo! The excitment is almost too much. Not really.
I really hope I can study at a different university next year. This year is just for in case I can't, then I at least have a head start on the ridiculous 2-1/2 yr pre-masters catch-up deal I was given. Egh.
My jaw hurts. Alot. Often. I'm pretty sure it's a wisdom tooth coming out. But I don't want to go to the dentist... I suddenly feel a kinship with all teething children. I am slightly tempted to buy a chew-toy.
8 years ago
3 comments:
You have one sentence in there that proves that you can no longer speak any language well! :P
?
well, if it makes you feel any better, my sister (she lives in davis, ca and goes to uc davis) she was biking to school and she got hit by some guy who is like in his 30's. He yelled out his window to her to ask if she had insurance, she said yes and he sped away.... classy.
Post a Comment