04 September 2006

Change in lifestyle...

I woke up last night to the sound of a screeching child...The two year old wanted to sleep with his parents, but they made him stay in his crib, so he screeched himself to sleep. My room is right above the kids' room...
Today I played peekaboo for 20min straight.
I also redid the same puzzle three times in a row. Some children's breadth of interest is...not so broad.
I haven't stalled the car since last week Tuesday. I also haven't had any close calls or caused any accidents... I'm even starting to enjoy driving a standard. And the road signs are starting to make sense.
The ringtone on the phone here is exactly the tune of a chorus to a song we sang in Mexico... "Las paz este con vosotros (x3), y con vosotros siempre, siempre este la paz!" (Carmela, you know it...). It's weird..I end up going through the whole song in my head the rest of the day after hearing it...
Madonna was in Amsterdam this weekend...Some Christian's stood outside the concert hall singing hymns and reading Bible verses. I don't know if I should be embarassed, applaud them, or simply not give a shit. Why people care, I don't understand. She does it solely for the shock effect, and reacting to it is to simply fall for her game. I must say, though, that choosing to sing while tied to a crucifix (of sorts) and with a crown of thorns placed on her head, is simply bad taste.
Meh.

3 comments:

Mela said...

I think I would get annoyed by hearing that tune every time the phone rang. Might make you answer quickly though! :)

Gabriel Florit said...

it's definitely bad taste, and those people outside indeed give her what she wants.

Dane said...

To quote an old classic song . . .

"But I'll be laughing my head off when she's burning in hell!"
-Weird Al