Oh Ann. You're such a heretic. That's why I love you. :)
I've been thinking all week about what I wrote in my last posts, all your responses, and other blogs that I've read...but I really don't know what to think of it all, nothings really changed much, and I can't put my thoughts into comprehensible words, so I'm just gonna let this subject be for a while... I think what I want most is a night of wine and conversation till 4am to help me figure this all out or to confuse me more - I'd be happy with either actually.
It's fall. The leaves are finally starting to change colour and drop, I can see my breath in the mornings, my hands almost freeze off when I have to row in the morning mist or drizzle, and the spiders have disappeared. The other day it was so windy that (no joke) I was rowing as hard as I could and still sat in exactly the same place in the middle of the canal for 2 whole minutes before the wind took a break long enough for me to cross to the other side. I was starting to fear that I'd never make it... That was exciting.
I started a new course at the VU. Got lost, sat in the wrong class for 15 min before realizing that it was Logistics and not Research Methods, got lost again, walked into the right class finally 30 min late, of course through the door at the front of the class instead of the one in the back... Nice.
8 years ago
3 comments:
i'm unsure of where to put this comment, so i put it here.
the church i'm involved with here is very fond of talking about seasons in life. i'm not sure if that is more common, but it was new to me. the idea that you go through seasons in your life, not unlike fall or winter, and it seems to be cyclical. at times, when we feel far away from god, it may be a season of winter, or fall, and when something is budding inside of you, spring may arrive. they also talk about seasons of wilderness and basically use the word very often to describe what times they are in.
I like the idea that our life has seasons that change with time. I also like the idea that things come full circle.
It seems that after winter, whether it be iowa, holland, or la, we appreciate the things we got sick of in august/september more. So after a time of wilderness, where god feels so very far away, the spring time is fantastic again. Life blooming is something that you cannot take for granted. And it leads right into summer, where it can get a little warm, but it sure beats the cold of winter.
I don't think our faith is tied to the temperatures of the months, a season can be much longer than a few months, but hold onto the fact that time doesn't stop moving, and God does not forget his children. Spring will come.
hm, that's interesting jack.
amanda don't complain about the cold. it was 5 F this morning. no wonder scraping the ice off my windshield made my fingers numb.
and i have to say that's one of the MOST embarrasing things i can imagine doing, walking late IN FRONT of the entire class. it would be like, oh, say walking into GEN300 late, while Charlie Adams no better yet Dave Schelhaas is giving a lecture, and having to go all the way through the downstairs area to find a seat. ughhhhh.
wind + bike(or boat) = BITCH
Post a Comment