20 November 2006

What was I thinking?

going to a foreign country completely unprepaired financially.
finding a job as an au pair in the middle of no where.
spending money a bit too freely.
forgetting to pay for parking, resulting in a 47euro ticket.
not keeping track of my phone calls, resulting in a ridiculous cellphone bill (about which my wonderful fiancé, who was paying for it, is not too happy...)
not finding out exactly what is required for my current course at the VU.
assuming the VU would work out well.
assuming this would be easy...

what the hell was i thinking?

5 comments:

Dane said...

did you ever find out if you actually SMSed me 47 times in a row?

Gabriel Florit said...

i don't know what you were thinking amanda. but i do know that staying in iowa was not an option.

Amanda said...

hehe...yeah. i keep forgetting that. :p
and no, dane, i didn't, but i bet that used up alot of my minutes!

Dena said...

Sorry Amanda - sounds like some shitty stuff. All I can say is
a) Money sucks
b) I hope things get better, and soon

Mud On His Shoes said...

Amandaamandaamanda

I miss you!! sniff sniff Happy belated birfday Don't panic, always keep a blanket nearby and live in a house coat, I stole all this advice from a lunatic but it sure sounds like it could keep you cozy or gezelig, if that is how its spelled. You should call me if your man friend is paying your phone bill. 604-888-5505. Im thinking of teaching overseas, find me a job there and I will come and save you from delirium
Love Joshua