09 November 2006

There's something clinking in the dryer...

Tuesday, went to HUKA bar with Dane. Tried new flavour: orange. Not bad. While smoking, the man with the smile from Dulac Bar came in, asking if we wanted pictures. I asked if I could take one of him with my camera. Had to explain that a couple times. In several languages. Finally, got picture with the smile man. When I told him I liked his smile, he smiled. Bigger than usual. He shook my hand before he left.
The cat attacked my ankles again today. Fucking cat. He made me bleed. I used to love him. But now I cannot enjoy his presence because I am watching him the whole time to make sure he's not preparing to pounce. He always waits till that second that I'm not watching. He's smart. Takes me longer to respond with a good kick. Today I threw him outside. And we were getting along so well...
I got a package from my parents today: books and chocolate from Mexico that is used for drinks. Best present yet. Though, Froukje promised to get me underwear. That's always nice.
The other day, I somehow managed to get a gigantic sliver in my finger. (K, so it wasn't that big, but you'd think it was by how much it hurt!). Took forever to get out. Now I have a scab under my skin. Weird.
I'm reading "Mere Christianity". CSLewis, brilliant. Maybe this will help...
Take it easy, all. Enjoy the weekend. I'm sleeping as much as I can! Oh, so exciting!

7 comments:

Gabriel Florit said...

i'm in the middle of 'The Screwtape Letters' (he dedicates that one to J.R.R. Tolkien). i read a little bit before going to bed. it gives me strange dreams.

Amanda said...

i have to read that yet... didn't know that about tolkien... cool. i still think its great that they were close friends. oh, how the world works...

SaraMonet' said...

i LOVED the screwtape letters. it really made me think and was enlightening to say the least. i can see how it would give you stange dreams gabe. well, kinda....

Dane said...

I thought you borrowed my copy of one of CS' books and read it. I thought it was mere Christianity that you read actually. Ah well, both books are great. Almost anything CS writes is good. I gotta find the pub where he and Tolkien drank. I had a nasty idea of sending your mom the link for your blog to see what her reaction to it would be. Then I figured you'd kill me or kick me in the balls and I decided against it.

Justine Ann said...

i hate cats too! and mere christianity is an interesting read...... i didn't like what he had to say on capital punishment.

ok Amanda, what was the root/tuff we used to eat with lime juice and chili powder??? It's driving me nuts!!! let me know soon.

love you!

ann renee. said...

hey amanda...me too, I'm reading Mere Christianity! Weird.
Love, ann.
ps. I think we have lots of stuff to catch up on, my dear....

Mela said...

you got a package from mom and dad? I didn't get anything from them and I'm even closer. (maybe thats why though...) I did get a postcard from you though!! :) the nuns are great.
I haven't read mere christianity. I kind of want to. I have read parts of Siipmly Christian by N.T. Wright which apparently is similar but simpler? more simple?