I got up at 7am today, half an hour earlier than normal. Not my idea, btw. Though, I should learn to think a bit more like Joshua who said that he liked to get up before sunrise on his birthday and stay up until he couldn't keep his eyes open anymore so he could enjoy his day for as long as possible. I'm more content with sleeping and being lazy all day, but I like the positive outlook...it's a nice thought.
The kids came into the kitchen singing a song in Dutch that they didn't know (so it was more like every fifth word of the song as their dad sang in the background), each carrying a present and a huge grin. Very sweet. :)
Watched "The Little Mermaid" and "Finding Nemo" today with Jule (no reason for the undersea theme...just happened).
Drank too much coffee, made myself a super delicious salad (there is an incredible assortment of cheese in this country, goes really well with salad!), and took the kids on a walk even though it was kinda foggy today... The weather makes me feel like I'm in a Brontë novel.
My ring is too big for my finger suddenly and keeps flipping upside down which is really uncomfortable and annoying.
I'm going to Amsterdam to walk around and wait for Dane to get out of class cause it just seems like a better idea than sitting here. I feel like treating myself to a nice dinner...but eating alone seems too lonely for tonight. I'll content myself with being somewhere outside of the house, surrounded by adults (albeit, strangers).
Later we are smoking a huka (fuck the spelling...).
Ciao.
8 years ago
6 comments:
Feliz Cumpleaños, flaca! I hope you have a wonderful day! Wish I could be there. And I wish I could call you. I should get a phone card.
Con mucho amor,
tu querida hermanita
ja, flaca! igual me llamaban en peru.
anyways happy birthday, or like they say in peru, japiberdeituiu.
happy birthday!
i only know english, sorry.
yeah, um i only know how to say happy birthday in english or spanish... so i'm making my own language to tell you happy birthday. shbaka jeffe boibon. yeah, that's what we do in iowa since we have little culture. :) have a great day.
HOOKAH!
Shisha or Sheesha!
Or Water Bong.
Any one of them works. Although, if you keep misspelling it eventually it just might serve as an instigator to change the spelling in the English language. Heres to hoping!
i think "huka" makes sense...but maybe that's my spanish influence...
Post a Comment