I fell asleep last night at 10ish while studying...had lots of really weird, random, sometimes freaky dreams...woke up to the sound of buzzing in my ear. My pinky itched too. I turned on the light and looked on the wall above my bed - 4 mosquitoes resting there, waiting to make their next plunge. I got up and ran around my room in my underwear trying to kill the stupid things. I had left the trap door to my room open, so they were all over the place. I got a few of them, but lost the others. Went back to bed and then looked at the clock. I have a traveler's clock, so one side shows American time, the other European...I looked at the American side, saw that it was 6 and decided that I might as well stay awake until 7:30 instead of going back to sleep since I wasn't tired. I started writing in my journal, then studied a bit. Then, I looked at the clock again and realized that actually I'd looked at the wrong side and now it was 2:30a.m. in Holland.
Brilliant.
So, I tried to sleep again, waking up 15 min later to more buzzing.
Hunted mosquitos for 10 min.
Went back to bed.
More buzzing.
Repeated process.
Finally slept with my head under the blankets - fighting the mosquitos was useless. Instead, I fought spiders again in my sleep.
I woke up exhausted to the joyful sounds of Camiel screaming that he didn't want to wear a particular shirt. There's nothing like waking up to the sound of crying children.
I told Ingrid this morning that I will be studying full-time next year, and since its been a bit of a bitch to fit studying in my nanny-schedule, I will not be an au pair next year. She wasn't surprised.
Anybody interested in an aupair position for next year? :)
Now I have to find some other source of income for next year.
Fuck. It's amazing how limited my options are here... Ok. Amazing is definately not the right word. None of you happen to be secretly rich and overly generous, do you?
Bummer.
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment