This weekend was good. Luuk's parents had a big birthday party, since they both have birthdays in Oct. and they both hit a "big 5" - one 55, the other 50. And they never got around to throwing a 25th anniversary party, so that was also kinda sorta a reason.
We all dressed up. Ate great food. Kissed alot of cheeks (three kisses per person...the Mexican way is much easier, just one kiss). At the end people sang songs, read poems, and did a couple plays about the birthday couple - super funny stuff! Kinda like Canadian weddings. I was dragged into singing a song with the siblings and respective better-halves, in Dutch, in front of everybody. Luckily, Luuk's sisters have powerful singing voices and mine wouldn't have been heard anyway, so stumbling over the words was not too big of a deal. Pretty sure my face was red the entire time. Ah well.
After that, went to René's bday party, stayed till 3am, biked home for half an hour, almost fell asleep on the couch, then went to bed. Woke up when Mirjam's alarm went off, then dreamed about the song she'd set her alarm to until I woke up at 1pm.
Periods suck. Especially on weekends. At parties. Or while biking.
Sorry...did I share too much?
But seriously. They suck. And cramps are from the devil. I'm pretty sure that women got the worse end of the deal after the fall.
I prefer the ovulation stage.
Luuk and I are starting a movie collection, kinda by accident. We've been buying good movies when they cost less than 5euros. It's a quickly growing collection.
I don't want to go back to WV (woerdense verlaat). Every Sunday its the same though. I dread going back...but once I'm there, its not that bad, and the week goes relatively fast...so I shouldn't complain. This week will be even shorter - I'm off on Thursday. :)
"The Spirit of God witnesses to the redemption of our Lord, and to nothing else. He cannot witness to our reason. We are inclined to mistake the simplicity that comes from our natural commonsense decisions for the witness of the Spirit, but the Spirit witnesses only to His own nature, and to the work of redemption, never to our reason. If we are trying to make Him witness to our reason, it is no wonder that we are in darkness and uncertainty. Throw it all overboard, trus in Him, and He will give you the witness of the Spirit." - Oswald Chambers
Not sure yet what exactly I think of that. It strikes a chord somewhere, though.
8 years ago
3 comments:
I'm used to you saying too much!
thanks for calling today! sabes, casi siento como si se me esta olvidando como era cuando estuviste aqui. fui a tu ex-casa hoy y solo estuvieron los dos nuevos y era un poco raro asi que me fui... I hate that.
lo siento... :( yo tambien lo extranio. pero asi es la vida, no? ...de caprichosa...aveces negra...aveces color rosa...
Post a Comment