19 December 2006

Why do kids like Blue's Clues? The dude who does it is nuts...

First frost came yesterday. I took a walk with Jules and Raoul and admired the myst that lingered over the canals and fields, the thin layer of ice and zigzagging cracks, and the frost and ice covering everything that hadn't been touched by the sun yet. This place is really quite beautiful...
Last night, driving back from Uithoorn, I could hardly see 4ft in front of my car. The fog was incredibly thick. The water in the canal was super calm though. It looked like a mirror. Dark, misty, creepy, beautiful.
My car is doing weird things. Everytime I turn on the right blinker, the brights, or the fog lights, the wipers go crazy. But the windshield is pretty dry, so the wipers stick and make annoying noises. Never happens with the left blinker. Strange.
Coffee is good. I'm going to make myself some.
I slept like a rock the last two nights. Mind you, I purposely did not say that I slept like a baby...why do people even use that phrase? It doesn't actually reflect true baby sleeping habits. Babies wake up at least three times during the night to fuss and cry until you yourself wake up and give them some food. This past weekend I stayed home with the kids so Jeroen and Ingrid could have their first night away, alone, in four years. And sleep was not an option. Raoul woke up four or five times and simply would not sleep soundly. Finally I put him in bed with me, at which point he slept peacefully but I did not because of a combination of him sticking his feeting into my back, insisting on putting his hand by my face, and my being too worried about rolling over him. I'm never letting my kids sleep in bed with me. They'll never get used to it then, I won't have to wean (sp?) them off of it, and I'll have my own space. But, seriously, I am more and more debating the idea of having my own kids... Maybe I'll just adopt after the age of 3 so I don't have to deal with that stage.
You've gotta be concerned about a world full of people crazy enough to actually purposely have babies...
About that coffee...
Have a good one, y'all.

1 comment:

Mud On His Shoes said...

Agreed no kids till three but then you have to get rid of them for a few years around 11-13. I heard this comedian say that he wished people weere like butterflies and went into cucoons during adolescents. Brilliant I would have opted for that myself at the time.
I am going to be in california from next saturday till the following one. so call after that.