11 December 2006

Quote: E.B.White

"[Grace] can be dissected, as a frog, but the thing dies in the process, and the innards are discouraging to any but the pure scientific mind."

8 comments:

Luuk said...

nice :)
where do you find these quotes?

Amanda said...

books i'm reading. you get to read them when i'm done. :)

Von_Dutch said...

sweet!

btw, i got a new blog
http://luukvonm.blogspot.com/

Dane said...

I am gonna go with science as ruining everything special about what it touches. The scientific method tries to dissect everything, because that is its nature so in its pursuit man, trees, mountains, cells, etc all become mere constructs to a dissected framework. Can you tell I'm in a philosophy class? Its not just grace that loses special meaning when dissected. Its like that crappy film "bedazzled" you like. Its really a shit film but it is special because it reminds you of your 'home' from way back when.

Jeffy said...

Hey amanda, sorry I haven't read in a while, i've been away from home for a while.

beautiful posts, the one with the old lady almost made me cry.

I didn't know that the air was golden in the Netherlands

Amanda said...

thanks jeff.
bummed i wasn't at dordt for your visit... :(

Mud On His Shoes said...

Hi amanda
True....I love the posts.
dane somtimes I think if we dissected you things might at least seem a little more cheery on the inside, but I might be wrong plus I love your grumpy self put together rather then chopped up so I'll drop the idea. Plus I just went to "Bodyworlds" and saw enough dissection to last a while, Those bodies retain a great deal of beauty all pulled apart.I love you both.
Joshua

Justine Ann said...

really great quote. i miss you.