Friday: I took the driving-theory exam. It is not uncommon for people to have to do
this twice.
(Argh!!!! I had a section here written about it, and it was lost somehow between writing and that little button "publish post"!!! @#$%&!!!)
Ok...once again: When I did the practice tests from the study-book and online, I consistantly got 7-15 answers wrong, while on the real test you are only allowed 6 mistakes. The test is in Dutch and alot of Dutch people don't pass the first time. Needless to say, I was absolutely certain that I was going to fail. But, I had to try anyway, so I signed up and after several delays in the past few weeks, finally found myself in the test room. I was assigned seat 36. The test consisted of 50 questions, for each you are given 30 seconds to read and type in the right answer on the keyboard in front of you, and probably 10 of which I wasn't quite sure about. After the test came the worst part: waiting for the results. First the results were handed back to those that failed. Seats 1-7 all were called, then 12, then 21, then I almost had a heart attack when 26 was called because in Dutch you would say 6-and-20, or 6-and-30...then 32, then 34....my heart pounding, my hands sweating, I almost stood up to accept my papers back...37! Haha! I passed! The guy on my right actually cheered when he realized he had passed...the guy to my left swore loudly, then looked embarrassed and left as quickly as possible. I smiled non-stop for the rest of the day. I passed. :)
Later that night: met with a wedding planner. She took forever to get to the point, talked alot about why we should use a wedding planner, what she could do, what the benefits were, etc. She was very nice though, so even though my mind wandered a bit while she and Luuk did alot of talking, we got the details of our intentions for the day out in the end, and she seemed to know what she was doing. She really liked the
fact that we wanted to keep it as simple as possible, with no extras. We liked the
projected price range.
Saturday: met another wedding-planner duo. They were more professional looking,
more to the point, but absolutely flabergasted at our no-nonsense approach. "What?
You don't want flowers arrangements in the entire church? No limo? No dj? No full-day gigantic party?!" The best part was that because Luuk did most of the
talking, since we were discussing in Dutch and I am naturally a bit less talkative than he is, they kept asking me if I was sure Iwanted this too, as if they thought that he was the one calling all the shots on this and all my life-long dreams of a big flowery wedding were being ignored... They couldn't believe that I would agree with this guy. As if we didn't agree together to plan things this way. Hehe! Their disbelief was amusing. In any case, we could go with either, basically who ever is cheaper. :)
Ah, which brings me to another, very important point: the wedding has been moved up! We are shooting for Dec. 28... Hopefully we can find a location for that date. So far, the options are super cool and I can't believe the church that we might marry in! It's from the 1600's! (Sigh). I can't wait. It's going to be fun!
(Once again, this page keeps messing up on me, so there are random weird breaks in the outline. So annoying... Ah well.)
8 years ago
2 comments:
whoa! a date! and here i thought you guys just got engaged for fun. ha...good luck with the planning.
i agree Ross!
Post a Comment