14 February 2007

i had some strange dreams last night...

-I am lying in my bed, sleeping. I slowly wake up to someone poking; he's 
whispering something, but I can't make it out. It takes me a few seconds 
to realize that I don't know this man, and then another to realize that he is 
very big, scary, and looks a bit like a dirty sailor. I try to scream but voice 
is still gurgly, like it is before you had a chance to clear your throat in the 
morning. I try to scream again, but he stuffs a piece of my blanket in my 
mouth. I realize he's going to kidnap me. I try to scream over and over again. 
Suddenly, I hear someone yelling. I hit my heal on the end of my bed. I 
realize that I am now awake, yelling and kicking around in my bed. There is 
no one there.

-I am with my cousin, Nita. Apparently I have a new dog. He's very small
and has hardly any hair. We are supposed to walk him. But he's not allowed 
to poopanywhere. I feel like I'm lost in a chapter of "Brave New World". I'm 
worried that he's going to poop and we'll get in trouble, or that he'll get a 
stomach-ache from holding it in. Nita tells me not to worry: they now have 
little doggy-poopy-extractors in public bathrooms. (I will spare you of details 
at this point). Problem solved. We head back to the house. Nita giggles and tells me I have a huge booger hanging out of my nose. Ah. That's why 
everyone was looking at me weird. I clean my nose. Then look ahead at the 
puppy. His tail is sticking straight up, like a cat's, but stiff. He's waddling. 
Poor puppy.

-I'm on some island - it looks a bit like Isla Mujeres in Mexico...but not quite. Dane is there. We are looking for a good bar or somewhere to get pinacoladas. Suddenly the beach changes. The waves are huge and on the beach, right next to out feet are really sharp rocks and shells that if we stepped on, I know we'd tear our feet with. We turn to talk to some tourists. They are all women with big boobs and small bikinis. They are scared and won't talk to us other than screaming that we are all gonna die.

-I think we're on the same island. We are inland, going down some stairs that look like they lead to a subway. There are dogs in out way. I take a step and one gets up and starts growling at us. A creepy, toothless, unshaven old man grins and tells me "not to worry little girl. They won't hurt you." I don't believe him, but he have to go down the stairs. The dogs start to chase us. (Things get a bit muddled here.) We are running away. In the meantime, one of the dogs' story plays in the background. He was tricked into joining the group and now he can't get out. One of his best friends joined because he thought it was a way to fight racism. He used to be a big black man with earrings and huge muscles. Now he's chasing me. I want to feel sorry for him, but can't. He's biting my ankles. Then I find myself awake, sweating and breathing hard, in my bed. I can hear my pulse in my ears.

-Everything is grey. I can't see anything. Just mist. I hear voices. High pitched. Then a low rumbling. I think its the water heater (which is in my room). I wake up. It's the kids. I want to sleep again. My alarm clock says 6:58. Is it worth sleeping for another 17 min? No. I crawl out of bed. My ankles are kinda sore...

 

3 comments:

Dane said...

I can tell its a dream because I would never order pinacoladas! Hell, I'd do tequila shots in Mexico before that.

Mela said...

crazy. happy valentines day. :)

Cassie and Kevin Zonnefeld said...

Well I guess dreams in Europe are just as messed up as those in the United States, your point is proven Amanda. I hope all is well, the bean and many miss you.