It's too early to wake up. But my alarm is going off already. I can hear the kids.
Breakfast is busy. Camiel is telling me stories about what he dreamed last night and why he likes bugs and where he is going to hide his toys and that I can't go through his stuff and that he'll be mad if I do and that he changed his mind, I can but I'm the only one, and that he is sick today and can't go to school.
Quick check email.
Camiel is still talking, as if he didn't notice I left the room.
That kid talks more than anyone else I know. And he loves to make noise. And argue incessantly about absolutely irrelevent things. He got mad at me last week during supper because he was telling me that if I left the table I'd get in trouble and I told him I was still sitting at the table so there was no reason to get mad and he told me that I was breaking the rules if I left the table and I asked him where I was sitting and he ignored the question and started yelling that I better not leave the table. At which point I was really annoyed and wanted to leave but I was feeding the baby so I couldn't anyway. Why do I let a 4 yr old annoy me so much sometimes?
(Sigh.) That was last week. This week's been pretty good.
It's Thursday. That means tomorrow I can leave after I drop Camiel off at the neighbors. That means today all I have to do is pick Camiel up at 3...
What to do...
Check my email again.
Dane tells me that I have a difficult job. He's sarcastic.
It's true. It's really not that hard. Why do I hate it so much some times?
I think it's boredom. Boredom will drive a person mad.
Maybe I'll do some yoga.
...
After half an hour I quit. The room is too hot and I'm too sleepy and all I want to do is lay down on the mat instead of balancing on one leg and holding my hands above my head.
Shower. That sounds nice.
Ten minutes later the shower drain stopped working. I have water up to my ankles. The shower ledge is only a couple centimeters high. It keeps nothing in.
Guess I'll clean the bathroom.
While I'm at it, I'll do the kitchen.
Oo!, someone's talking to me on gmail chat. Nope. Gone. Bummer.
K. The kitchen. Coffee sounds good.
While I make that, I'll check my email again. Maybe someone's talking to me... Nope.
Back to the kitchen.
I think I'm addicted to the internet. Either that or I'm just desperate for any sort of communication with the outside world.
Only an hour and then I can go pick up Camiel, dump him at the neighbors, then go bother Dane for a while.
8 years ago
1 comment:
great stuff. your posts read like something you'd read on a quirky npr program
Post a Comment