As I near the end of my time here, I find myself freaking out a little bit and becoming less comfortable with the idea of moving while at the same time becoming more excited about going... does that make sense?
I am glad that Dane is going, and that some of you will be coming later...I don't have to leave my Dordt life behind quite yet... However, I do believe that never will I find a place where people will show up at all hours of the night to sit in our garage or living room talking for hours about the meaning of "calling" or whether "Death Cab for Cutie" sold out...or decide randomly to take an hour long trip some where just to eat at a nice restaurant.
Phil, Dane, and I had a great roommate-bonding-moment a few days ago, when we went to Sioux City and each got a piercing... Dane needs a slightly larger earring and he'd look like a pirate. Phil worries too much about what his parents will think of his cartilege piercing... and my nose piercing tickles and makes me have to sneeze all the time. It's fun though. The guy that did it for us was from Calgary. And the girl that started up the shop is from Progreso, which is less than 30min from where I lived in Mexico. Small world...
I have over five bruises, big painful ones, all over my legs... and I can't help but poke at them compulsively just to see if they still hurt. Of course, they still do, and I each time I do it I yelp and swear, yet I continue to do it... Why is that?
8 years ago
2 comments:
I hope your piercing heals. I tried four times. I guess my body doesn't like foreign metallic objects.
do you know that we are coming to damamster too? probably in march. where will you be living? we must see each other. the chances of seeing you in the western hemisphere are slim. i also want to go to germany so this trip won't be racist against me (i'm not dutch but i am part german).
Post a Comment