Yesterday I had my last driving lesson. I had a different instructor. He thought it was super cool that he was "teaching" an American. He asked if I had any friends or sisters around here. I told him I actually did. He thought it was cool I could speak Dutch. He didn't want to speak English.
We talked about differences between US and Holland. He asked if I had any single female friends available. I laughed. Then told him not to try the long distance thing. It sucks. We talked
more about differences between countries. He told me how much he
LOVES the US. He commented again that it would be great if I had any single girlfriends
around here. I smiled. He complimented me on my driving. Told me again how cool
the US was. Then asked if I knew any single American girls. I didn't respond. He said he
was kidding. I half-smiled.
He was nice. And talked alot. Which does make time go faster...Driving aimlessly
for two hours isn't particularly fun, especially on a sunny day. And for all you single
female friends of mine, I'm sure he'll still be available in December if you come to the wedding and want an international fling.
Tomorrow is my driving exam. People keep telling me that the test is really hard and that I shouldn't be too sure that I'll do well. I can't help but think that my five years of driving would be somewhat of an advantage. But perhaps that's irrational and I should be extremely worried.
Meh.
This weekend: St. Patty's Day. A very important historic event occured on that day two years ago... anybody know?
8 years ago
6 comments:
I wouldn't think you'd have anything to worry about with this driving test... but then of course, I am American.
I don't know the event....
tell your driving instructor i can't wait to meet him. ;)
wait, you know I'm kidding right?
miss you!
I'd like to be the first to congratulate you on passing the Dutch driving test! Hip hip hurrah!
Seriously people, the event is easy!!!! ITs why shes in the Netherlands NOW!!!!!! I'm pretty sure i was drinking on that day two years ago! But honestly I can't remember what the heck I was doing.
mavrhxbt
what was wrong with your yankee driving?
Hey Amanda. Could you send me your address so that I can send you a wedding invitation? My email: first initial and then last name at gmail dot com
Post a Comment