31 May 2006

Funny how grass actually smells like grass...

Went to Canada with Carmela and Dane last week. I don't care what Josh and Justine say, but Calgary is a beautiful city, and I could live there anyday if the occasion arose.
We stayed with my aunt who has a bed-n-breakfast (cute, cozy, relaxing) and who did her best to pack an extra ten pounds on us each by the end of the week. She cooks only organic and natural foods, very healthy, but seriously, much more than I am used to. Climbing to the top of Sulfur Mountain put a slight dent in the ten pounds, and almost killed me. I am embarassingly out of shape.
On the mountain, about half way up, we found a waterfall. It was at least 70*F, but the banks of the waterfall were still covered with snow. It was heaven.
We herded cattle with my uncle and cousins. New experience. I loved it. I was horrible at it, but it was fun. My poor uncle was probably getting pretty frustrated with us city kids. Carmela's a natural, or at least better than I am... Dane didn't fair so well. Ask him about it.
On the way home we stopped in Montana. We hung out with Alan and Jeff. That was just plain good. Montana is absolutely gorgeous.
So, we got back from Canada on Sunday night, and it was back to work on Monday. I work afternoons, so I tend to go to bed way too late, sleep in till noon, have a slow breakfast, and then head of too work again. I see my roommates only in passing these days...with the exception of Matt, who's still looking for a job. I must say, of all the roommates, I have the best job I think. I get to hang out with my girls, go to the pool, watch movies, go bowling, play basketball (rather horribly)...
This is gonna be a good summer...

6 comments:

scott hendric said...

Hey Amanda,
Sorry we missed you. Margaret and I were just saying that we'd like to see you again before you take of to Europe to get married.
When are you leaving Sioux Center?

Amanda said...

I'm leaving August 16. Just bought the ticket this week!

Kathlyn D said...

you should have come to lethbridge!
i hope your note placing any dinner bets with those girls over bowling. eesh... that would be another expensive night!

Dena said...

Amanda - I agree with you. Even though Edmonton's supposed to hate Calgary, I still think Calgary's nicer. Maybe that doesn't say much, but still . . .
Glad you're having a good summer and I agree with Katy - dinner bets are too expensive (but too hard to pass up).

Gabriel Florit said...

So where are you living now? Still with Dane and Nate? I'm confused.

Amanda said...

Yup...with Nate and Dane....and Matt Kunari and Phil VanDyken... :)