So, today I woke up to the joys of being a woman, followed by the realization that I wasn't prepared, and the further recollection that I had nothing in my bankaccount... Yeah! for post-dating checks... Nothing like running to Walmart at 7am to pick up the necessary products and then to be greeted by the way-too-chipper cashier's "Oh! One of those days huh? Find everything you need?!" Of course I found what I needed... Otherwise I wouldn't be standing in the register line, I'd be wandering around looking for what I needed or trying to find someone who could tell me where to find it.
I also realized that I had cracked the nail on my pinky toe when I stubbed it last night while walking around in the dark, and had bled all over my room. It hurts like a mother poodle, too.
As I was poking at my toe (you know how when you get a bruise you just have to poke at it? poke - ow - poke - ow...etc., as if you want to make sure it's still there or something?), I caught in my peripheral vision this long, feathery shadow with a hundred legs right on the wall next to my head. It fell into my purse, which I dragged quickly and calmly into the kitchen where it fell out of my purse and started crawling straight toward me at which point I lost all sense of calm and started jumping and screaming much to Dane's amusement. He saved me. So brave. The mystery bug is dead. I found out it was a centipede. I thought they were skinnier than that...
Then, I developed this incredibly annoying twitch in my eye that still hasn't gone away as I write this. Every time my eye twitches, half of my vision turns bouncy. Not to mention, it just feels weird.
On the upside, I got a 100$ check from Dordt in the mail today! (No more worrying about that check I wrote this morning!) And even though it was just my housing deposit and the money was technically my own already anyway, it felt like a gift. "It's my birthday present to me! I'm so happy!" (quote).
Another upper moment was when I was sitting outside with Kevin and Matt and suddenly Matt looked down at his shorts and said calmly "Oh shit. I just got pooped on."
Finally, driving to work was pretty sweet. The sky in front of me was super dark, broken only by various shades and shapes of lightning. Some of it was even red. Crazy. Yesterday when I drove to work, the sky was orange, the clouds were purple, and the sun was deep red. Days like those make getting up at 5:30 for the 6am shift at work worth it. Now, I have to stay up for another seven hours, keeping myself busy with a few chores and maybe a movie or two, before I can go home at 6am. And my eye is still twitching. Ugh.
8 years ago
2 comments:
i LOVE being a woman. and i LOVE morning wal-mart workers. and i HATE bugs. of all kinds. how are you amanda? holding down the forts of sioux center? i miss the late nights of wine and cigarettes! oh hey i quit smoking! no more social ciggies. it's easier when i don't spend time at your house...:)
dearest amanda...you and your post-dated cheques. Somehow, you always manage to get what you need plus a glass of wine...
Hehe. Tonight the church was pitch dark when I got home from talking with a tattoo artist/biker/minister who makes Hell's Angels bow their heads and pray. I am sitting here scared for my life because I heard strange sounds and have my mace ready for any moment. This is me writing to calm my spirit. Speaking of spirits, I hope none are going to attack me! Seriously, this church has funky things that give me a funky feeling. Although I am comforted by the fact that my new biker friend said that he sees/senses other worldly things and said that I have little to worry about because I have a peaceful aura about me. He was very sane, very wise and not on crack and I certainly hope he's right...
And now I am done rambling. I love you!
Post a Comment