6:30am : I find myself in the bathroom of my parents old house in Grandrapids. I am relieved that the bathroom is on the same floor as the bedroom and I dont have to scramble half asleep down the stairs, like our bathroom at home. Finally, the toilet. Ahhhh.... but why do I not feel relieved? What is wrong with this toilet? I try to look around the room and suddenly I am suffocating; there is a big fluffy thing on my face! I struggle to break free and hit my hand against the closet. What is the closet doing in the bathroom? And why am I laying down? Why cant I move? Everything is going crazy! And I still have to pee! Suddenly I open my eyes and realize I am still in my bed, my bladder is still full, and I still have to scramble down the stairs in my halfsleep darkness, after which I can crawl back into bed for the next 15min before the alarm goes off. Egh.
6:40am : I feel myself falling back into sleep...
6:45am : What is that beeping?! Luuk hits snooze.
6:47am : Mmm, sleep, wonderous sleep...
6:50am : Seriously, what is with the beeping?! Luuk turns it off and gets up. I roll over and put a pillow on my head and mumble, Please set the alarm for 7:30...
At some point between the front door shutting behind Luuk on his way to work and the time the alarm is set to go off, I crawl out of bed, set the coffee maker, get ready to travel across town to my tutoring job, chug my coffee which is still too hot to drink, and head out to the tram stop. At Central Station I wait for a half hour before I realize that my bus is late and I havent seen any other buses from that bus line... Shit. I check at the ticket booth. Yes, all the city buses are driving today, except the line that you need. They are on strike. And there are no other buses to the area. Wonderful.
8 years ago
4 comments:
cinnamon in the coffee? that would have made the morning all better.
never make it without. :)
why grammas? and thanks for the goods. :)
Alarm clock beeps are one of my most hated sounds.
Post a Comment