22 June 2008

how the mighty do fall...

holland was defeated in an embarassing game with russia last night. they barely even put up a fight. ridiculous. humiliating. disappointing.

this weekend involved my last dispuut night (with the student union), babysitting for kids who have never been left home alone with a babysitter before, hung out with my sister in laws and watched anchorman, slept in, helped our pastor painted her new apartment with others from our biblestudy group, watched the the most torturous game ever, biked home through a dead quiet den haag, slept in again, and was half an hour late for church this morning. as much as luuks constant nagging to hurry up, we are gonna be late, what is taking so long..., annoys me, apparently i need it to actually be ready on time.

lucy, our rat, is learning to come to me when i say her name, and i taught her that eating my plants is naughty. she stops when i start yelling. :)

3 comments:

Mela said...

I actually saw that game, or at least the overtime parts of it. And Holland definitely wasn't playing hard. They just sorta gave up. And the commentators were saying that Holland was outplaying Russia and stuff, but whatev... And I was just talking about Anchorman yesterday. :) hehe

Dena said...

You have a rat? Love it :) (Were you inspired to get one by your psych classes?)

Dane said...

worst game ever! I only wish I had drunk more beer by the end of the game so that I would have been too drunk to care. Very very dissapointing :(