I'm being chased by the monster in "Lady in the Water". Someone is next to me. He looks kinda like Scott, kinda like Paul Giamatti. There is a little girl crying somewhere. I run, but cannot get away. The monster keeps finding me and almost catching me. I hide in a tree. The monster lunges. His mouth opens wide, ready to devour me. Then he starts to beep.
I turn over and fumble for my alarm. 7:15am.
Damnit...
My body temperature starts to rise, and I notice the lumps in my pillow and the draft of air coming through some place in my blanket.
Fine. I'll get up.
My eyes are a bit poofy. I started crying for some reason last night while talking to Luuk on the phone. He unexpectedly asked me if I was happy. I burst into tears. I loose control too easily when I'm not expecting an emotionally charged question. Why was that one so charged, anyway?
I must be ovulating. Or something.
Throw some clothes on. My jeans are dirty. Crap. I don't feel like doing laundry. I put them on anyway.
Camiel is yelling something from the bathroom and Jules is wailing. Great start to the morning.
Climb down the ladder from my room. Avoid the top corner - the bruises on my knee from last time are just starting to turn green.
Someone's in the bathroom. I'll have to wait till they are out before I can relieve my bladder. I make a sandwich for one of the boys instead.
Jeroen walks by in his underwear. "Goedemorgen"; don't look up.
The kids eat breakfast.
"Camiel, quit playing, eat some food. It's almost time to go."
"Jules, keep your food over your plate!"
"No, don't play with your juice!"
It's all over the table. Nice.
Hmm, one of the youngest two has a dirty diaper. The whole kitchen stinks. I'll wait a bit, make sure he's done.
Camiel has to leave. He tries to sneak his toy in his pocket but it's too big. His dad tells him to leave it home. Camiel drops to the floor and starts wailing. Several attempts to calm him fail. Finally his coat is shoved onto him and zipped up, his arms pushed through his backback. He takes it off immediately and drops to the floor again. Repeat. He's dragged, his cries ignored, out the door.
Quiet again.
Should change that diaper.
I need coffee first. I fill the pot with water - oh yeah, I had to pee yet...run to the bathroom.
Through the door I hear Jules count, "One, three, eight, two!", and then he runs around the house at full speed, yelling something unintelligable. He's energetic today.
I hear the baby crying.
Deep breath. I study myself in the mirror. "Man, you look like crap."
Can't stay in the bathroom all day.
Ok.
Coffee.
8 years ago
5 comments:
nice post.
you should write a book or something, it might pay for your college debt and our wedding :)
i just watched that video
they miss all the pain in life for one
I hope your alright
you little mom. :) mwahahahahahaha!
im officially gonna start worrying about you
oh i loved that post. I was incredibly disapointed by lady in the water. I was bracing myself for something scary. it must have had some effect on you with that interrupted-by-a-nightmare dream. hang in there.
Post a Comment