19 July 2006

No matter what time I go to bed, I cannot sleep past 10 anymore...

I'm in the process of burning all of Dane's music... I've decided that I want to buy more cd's after this, however, instead of bumming off of other people all the time. There's something nice about actually owning the album, getting all the pretty pictures and words that come with it...
Ann called today, and I got to talk to her for a few minutes. Ann, I miss you. What's great is that after not seeing or talking to each other in months, it felt like we just picked up where we left off, with none of that awkward catching up bullshit. Wish you were here...or I was there... :)
Last night, Carmela and I decided to take Cal up on his offer to use his jacuzzi while he is gone... So we invited a few other people to come with us, and we sat around the tub with our feet in the water drinking beer. Very relaxing. The night came to an end however, when I used the toilet, and after flushing I heard someone yelling from downstairs, "Stop using water!!!" A pipe blew or something, and water was pouring from the ceiling onto Cal's (really nice) piano, and all over his newly finished hardwood floor...
Shit.
In a weird way, I pissed all over Cal's piano.
Double shit.
We cleaned up as well as we could, but poor Cal is going to have alot of work to do.
I'm listening to Ani Difranco at the moment...I think she sounds alot like Alanis Morriset...or Alanis sounds like her. Whatever. I like DiFranco a little more, her music is less decorated (hmm...that's not the word I'm looking for, but my vocabulary seems to be perpetually shrinking).
Ah, Justine, "Both hands" is playing. I think I might even like your 'cover' of it better.
I gotta work. Have a good one, all.

4 comments:

Mela said...

I want to buy CD's too. I'm starting to feel guilty about burning albums. especially albums of the nonmainstream bands.

Justine Ann said...

I miss you so much when I read about you. I love that you're still staying up until very late learning about yourself via other people. I'm glad your listening to Ani, I get to see her in concert in 2 weeks... yipeeee! Feist too! :) I'm flattered that you loved mine and Josh's version.

you are a simply lovely person my dear.

take care and keep living it up!

Tom S said...

That sucks about the hot-tub/toilet/water-pipe blowing up. Also, sorry I got too tired to stick around for awhile Monday. You leave August 16, right? I'll try and swing by at least once or twice more before you head off. Take care, and best of luck explaining the whole hot tub thing to Cal...

Gabriel Florit said...

I understand the shrinking vocabulary. A good symptom of this happening is feeling full of new words after reading a book. Being a computer person only exacerbates the situation...