21 July 2006

Dishes, Macy Gray, and the mysterious speaker found on one of Josh's old cd's...

This morning I actually slept until 11! That was after a restless night, waking up at 5am to pee, and dreaming that my girls from work followed me home (cept, it wasn't my house, just some other house that I somehow knew was my house...know how that goes in dreams?), and they would not leave even though I kept yelling at them to leave me alone... I think I've been working a little too much...
After rolling out of bed to again use the bathroom (I seriously have the bladder of a 5yr old), I went to Fairway to get coffee creamer and load up on fruit. While picking out some mangos, some older looking (40s-50s) guy walks by and says, "How YOU doing today?", in a very Count Olaf creepy sort of way. I half smiled and turned away. Later, I caught him staring at me from different parts of the store. He was standing by the meat section on the back wall when I wanted to get the creamer, so I cut through the middle of the store, through the aisles. I look up, and there he is, walking toward me. I turn to the left to pick out some dishsoap, and he follows me. Then he says, "I'm not following you or anything, just trying to get out of here" - yeah, through the easiest route in the store... freaky fucker. Then, later he passes me again and says, "You have a nice day now", and gives me a twice over. I coulda slapped him. Where are the big, trusty, male friends when you need them? Ugh.
When I got home, I vented my frustration into dishes with Matt. We cleaned up the kitchen and it looks amazing...well, as amazing as a carpeted, 50's-style kitchen can look...It seems that cleaning seems to be our favorite thing to do together. Weird. I have to admit though, I actually enjoy it. My mother would be shocked.
We listened to this cd found in a pile of my cd's, that I am very sure was never mine. First some great, crazy music, then some interview or lecture from this mysterious man. He talked about finding God in literature, realizing the Jesus was sent to fix his Father's mistakes, and that the reason the gospel of Thomas was dismissed was that the Christians of the day did not want to accept the truth that we are divine and that God needs us for His presence and power to be expressed. I found him interesting, though I must say that the only credible thing he said was that imagination is one of the most powerful avenues to finding God. Anyway, I'm really curious as to who that was...
Now, I am listening to Macy Gray, who I forgot that I liked, and taking a break before cleaning the bathroom. I wonder what this house will look like after I leave... Unless Matt stays here, it's just going to go to shit, I fear. :)

Anyone up for camping the weekend before Dane and I leave?

3 comments:

Mela said...

is that final? the last weekend you're around?

Kunnari said...

i wonder too...

Margaret said...

I like Macy Gray, too.