I had a small moment of success today. The kid I take on respite outings on Monday's usually eats only the meat out of whatever the meal of the day is. Last time we had pizza, he refused to eat anything other than the meat and cheese. Today, I got him to eat the whole thing, crust, bread, and everything! I wanted to tell everyone there how excited I was, but no one was too interested... so I'll just tell you all now, instead.
Spiders, it seems, can sense fear, and use it to their advantage for the sake of pure entertainment. They choose those who are most afraid of spiders to crawl onto, picking the especially ticklish parts (like neck, ankles, calves, underside of arms). Then, they wait for the moment where their victim notices that the tickle is not a stray hair or caused by the breeze. The spider pauses, bracing himself for the reaction to come, in which the victim loses all sense of decorum and social reserve by making awful and amusing screeches and snorts while dancing around, flailing arms and legs, and occasionally flapping items of clothing (its especially best when the spider can make his way under particularly important articles of clothing, which enhances the reaction). I firmly believe that all spiders around the particular room where the event occurs are doubled over in laughter, and the spider himself is the hero of the hour in spider world.
8 years ago
5 comments:
It's all about small victories, Amanda. Cheers.
who the hell is this "askinstoo" person? i didn't know we could get spam here...
That's cool about the kid...every step counts, right? And I think you may very well be the only person I've ever met who hates spiders just as much or more than I do. Saw a big one in the bathroom the other day, I threw stuff at it but only managed to damage the wall instead of the spider... Take care...
how did you manage to get that kid to do anything?
haha
hero of the spider world
then trajedy strikes in the form of SC shopper
Post a Comment