25 June 2006

Ay, ay, ay, ay! Canta, no llores...!

Today was a sad day for Mexico... I'm so bummed they didn't make it to the next round... but I am proud they made it this far, at least. And today's game was pretty good! A vast improvement from the last.
I went canoeing today. I should do that more often. I also caught fireflies with my little sisters. I should also do that more often.
I realized today (again...) that this is the last time I will be seeing my family for a while. I don't see them much anyway, but somehow, being on the other side of the world makes the time seem that much longer. I think we always assumed that when we all grew up, my sisters, brother, and I would move to different parts of the world and see each other only at Christmas. But now that we are actually growing up and getting closer to that assumption, it's sorta sad. I'm used to it, but when I'm with them, I feel like I'm missing out. No one knows me like my family (well...granted, there are things you guys know that they don't...but those are minor things)... We had the same history, we think similarly, we see things most often alike... I don't have that much with many people, and here I could have it all the time with my family, but instead I choose to move to the other side of the world where no one knows where I'm coming from or what I'm talking about, and half the time they can't even understand what I am saying! What a crazy life...

2 comments:

Mela said...

tendras que llamar, y escribir correos y cartas y blogs muy seguido. :) cuanto cuesta mandar cartas? y cuanto toma en llegar? extraño las cartas - los de GEMS... La verdad es que si, nadien nos conoce como nosotras (Y clayton). Nadie nos entiende de la misma manera. Te voy a hechar mucho de menos, chocan! eres mi mejor amiga!

Amanda said...

...ya me diste ganas de llorar, chaparra...