01 July 2010

canta, no llores!

well, mexico's out, after a terrible would-have-been-illegal-if-FIFA-would-get-off-their-fucking-high-horse-and-introduce-video-replay goal which created confusion and chaos amongst the Mexican team and led to the most embarassing blunder in soccer history reducing hopes of making it further down to a fading glimmer. which was subsequently stomped out with the only goal that Argentina actually deserved. even the one fantastic goal by the Mexican team could not create enough hope to bring them through; it was just enough to save face and allow the team to go out with their shoulders straight.

now, with Mexico out, my hopes rest solely on the powers of Oranje.
so come on Holland!
hup! hup!
tomorrow, 16:00 hrs!
NL vs....shit. Brazil.
well, it's been a good run. at least you didn't embarrass yourself on international television with the whole world (that gives a shit about soccer) watching.


in further news, I have officially graduated and am now the proud holder of a masters degree in Applied Cognitive Psychology. (well, actually, I had to send it back and ask for a new one with my name spelled Amanda instead of Amande on it. but in a week, I'll have it for reals). today I put that hard earned degree to good use by doing three loads of laundry, mopping, cleaning the toilets and shower, playing Rummikub with an 88 yr old lady, and spending an unhealthy amount of time on gmail, Facebook, BBC, and the Daily Show website. the job search...not going so well. I was, however, kindly told that I would be recommended by one of my professors who works in the safety world and who was impressed by my choice of courses and particularly interested in my masters thesis, which, as luck would have it, happened to be in the same field in which he started his career way back when. how nice. he'll keep his eye out for interesting jobs for me. (he also previously promised to arrange an internship for me in Singapore but that never happened...so we'll see). he also informed me that he liked some of my powerpoints so much that he uses them in some of his classes. I wonder if I should ask for royalties? meh, I'll just bask in the bliss of knowing that something I did is actually useful in the real world.

well, that third load of laundry is ready to be hung up and supper won't start itself.
cheers, y'all.

No comments: