i watched yesterday's game like i watch a horror movie, hiding behind my knees, fists clenched, shrieking at every almost-shot (to the total confusion of our cat), commenting on every move made (to the utter annoyance Luuk), and hoping desperately that the right guys would win.
oh the relief when they did!
down the to last second i watched in this manner, convinced that somehow the other team would manage to make two goals in the last few minutes, seconds of the game. but Mexico held on and played beautifully.
i've never been so proud.
now let's see if they can keep it up!
8 years ago
7 comments:
I am so jealous you got to watch the game! I am at work during ALL the games, except the Saturday ones, but Mexico hasn't played on a Saturday. I check the scores religiously though. :)
Hi Amanda how are you? tell me about this new game "agricola" Hope this finds you well.
I watched Holland play Japan last Saturday night at a bar with a bunch of screaming people in orange. Who knew there were so many Dutch people living in Korea?
the dutch are everywhere!
I have, silly. (But never drove, so maybe that's the diff.)
Sorry about the Argentina game :( That first goal was ridiculous!
Now will you be cheering for Holland? From the sounds of it, I think I would really (really really) enjoy watching the games with you. I think if we put you and Carolyn in the same room together, I would probably get as much entertainment out of watching the both of you as I would out of watching the game.
haha! that would be fun! let's arrange it for the next world cup!
Post a Comment