07 July 2009

Baby yet? No? How bout now? No? And now?

At this moment, I have at least 3 friends who are pregnant (I feel like I am forgetting someone) and 5 with new born babies (four in the last week!).
Luuk's sisters occasionally drop comments into the conversation about how fun it would be to be an aunt.
My sisters say things like "I'd like to go back to Holland some time soon...a baby would be a good excuse..."
Gram's hinted at it yesterday and then pretended to take it back. But she didn't really take it back. She wants great-grand-babies. When we are ready, of course. But now would be nice. The clock is ticking you know...
Our mom's try a more sensible approach and just give us good sound advice about this house we want to buy...make sure it has enough rooms for, well, just in case (wink wink).

Sigh.

Oh the pressure. :p

5 comments:

Kunnari said...

don't worry, i won't be getting pregnant any time soon.


how's summer time treating you? biked to the beach lately? house hunting progress?

Mela said...

I think you've written about 4 blogs since I last checked this.
Are you talking just friends in the netherlands, or does the 3 count include cousins?
It's pouring rain out right now. :)

Amanda said...

summer's been good - it's warm and sunny! cept today. but for the most part, nice. haven't biked to the beach since you left. no good reason. just busy, i guess. should do that some time. it was good. house hunting: put in a bid on a house, waiting for a counter offer that is reasonable.
pregnant friends: includes US and cousin. Cousins? Is there more than one? Did I miss something?

Mela said...

no, just one. I said cousins as more of a category...

Dane said...

This is my third time reading this and all's I can do is grin and laugh. A whole lot!!!!!!!!!!