Wow, it's been a while.
What's happened in the last six months? Here's a quick review:
-Started my job.
- Super excited about my job.
-Spent the first two weeks reading stuff.
- Less excited about my job.
- Job feels like limbo.
-Was asked to write a report in Dutch, took me forever and came back from the secretary full of red marks and notes on the side (will be looking for a Dutch writing course as soon as I finish my coaching course, boss is paying). Haven't been asked to write much since...
-Called my boss a lucky bastard before I could catch myself, after he described his sunny vacation in Spain during Holland's rainiest wettest summer in decades. Still hoping he didn't hear it.
-Visited friends in England for a weekend, drank beer and ate pub grub as often as possible and enjoyed the rolling hills and quaint countryside. Played 'Ticket to Ride' for the first time in ages.
-Visited Prague for a weekend. Drank beer (half liter glasses!), ate lots of wholesome Czech food, admired the Czech men, took many many many pictures of gorgeous Czech architecture, enjoyed Czech jazz.
- Came home from work one day to find Kitty with one fat leg, possible reaction to a bee-sting, took her to the vet without her cage cause she hates it, met three dogs in the waiting room, went home with many scratches and a drugged up Kitty. She survived.
- Spent months working on the same project every day, 5 days a week, 8 hrs a day, reading and analyzing accident reports and clicking on the right boxes in a computer program that I hate.
- Less than excited about my job.
- Two close friends had miscarriages in the same week.
- Bought tickets for a Christmas visit to Iowa/Michigan!
- Was assigned to phase two of the same project, 5 days a week, 8hrs a day, reading and analyzing accident reports and clicking on the right boxes in a computer program that I hate.
- Determined to not let my job take over my life.
- Considering looking for new job.
- Asked my boss for a user-guide to said computer program. He told me to write one. Done with part 1 of 30.
- Renewed excitment about my job.
- Went to Romania with 64 other people from our church to build houses for the Roma gypsies living on the garbage dump just outside of Cluj Napoca. It was intense. I've seen extreme poverty before, but this was different. The affect on me was not what I expected. I'm still digesting.
- Came back from Romania. The world here looks different.
- Determined to waste less, work harder, enjoy more, share more, love more.
- Signed contract for another 6 months with current employer. Got a raise.
- Determined to learn to love my job.
And that's where I am right now.
Tomorrow I go to Winterberg in Germany for a weekend away with Luuk. Fall in the mountains, must be fantastic. Can't wait!
8 years ago
4 comments:
when will you be in iowa? i'm going to sioux center for christmas and newyears.
you get to travel so much! It's insane. I'm gonna look for a nursing job there when I'm done with school. :)
You should get a place with a garage so I can live in it. hehehehehehe
but seriously.
ok! :)
lucky bastard!
Post a Comment