25 January 2011

not funny.

I just remembered another time I was the only one that thought something was hilarious.

This was before we got married, three years ago. We had just rented an apartment. It needed quite a bit of fixing up. We were basically living at Luuk's parents' place, about 20 min away. Every night we could, we'd drive to our little place in The Hague to ready it for moving in in the next couple of weeks. That night we were going to start putting in floor boards in preparation for the cheapest decent-looking carpet we could find. Luuk's dad went with us. So, Luuk, his dad, and I jump in the car, drive all the way to the house, get there and all stand waiting at the door for one of the others to pull out their key to open it. We each have our own set. And we each forgot to take it with us.

I thought this was pretty damn funny. And I laughed. Hard. For a couple of seconds. Before I realized that the other two were both not amused. Pissed, in fact.

Yes, we had to drive back to get the keys. Yes, it was a waste of a good hour, and yes, we didn't have a whole lot of time to waste to get the place ready before the wedding. Yes, gas is expensive. Yes, the unnecessary two way trip back to their house to pick up the keys was going to cost us. And, yes, we should have checked if at least one of us had a key before we left.

But come on! That's worth laughing at, right?!

3 comments:

jack. said...

that's funny.

Kunnari said...

that's pretty funny. i don't find most things funny.

Jihad Hernandez said...

absa-facking-lootly! :D