One thing I miss about college is the mental stimulation. Or, well, actually, just the discussions that were supposed to stimulate.
I sit here all day recoding data for this experiment I am doing to get the grade to graduate (click "play", listen, click on box, type number, click "next", click "play", listen, click on box, type number, click "next"...for 360trials for 43 participants), with occasional breaks to snack or do groceries or finish our Singapore picture album (all done!). My eyes are sore already and it's not even 9am. And the thought of doing this for the rest of the day is making me tired. In the background of my mind I think about all sorts of other things, articles I read, a play we watched on Tuesday ("De Filantroop", based on the book, "The Philanthropist", by Theodore Dalrempyl or however you spell his name, can't remember at the moment), or that discussion last week about American medical care.
I actually miss Gen300 where we could argue for, what was it?, an hour and a half?, about every major issue of our times.
That and our large mugs of spiked coffee at 10 in the morning and Jeff and Mike muttering sarcastic responses to every dumb question thrown out there by our less enlighted fellow students, particularly of the Republican persuasion...
8 years ago
2 comments:
hey now...don't mock those of the republican persuasions!!!! Not that I take a definite political stance but rather I take a stand with my Biblical ethics and then make decisions that I make based on the representative there, etc...not giving allegiance to any political party but to God. Republicans are not 'less enlighted' but rather people who go along with whatever the people around them are saying and don't seek to do research themselves. Ah yes, the days of Dordt. I've been missing true college life as well in which we would sit and study and drink coffee for hours, while listening to good music with a lovely atmosphere.
Random: do you remember in our Bible class when that girl raised her hand and asked if Adam and Eve didn't have skin before God 'put some on them' after they sinned? I don't want to laugh at people who know facts in the Bible but if you were there you would've laughed (for those reading)...we had JUST READ the Scripture in which it was clear...and this wasn't a girl where English was her 3rd language or anything. Oh sad, sad day. I remember trying so hard not to laugh while you, Joel, and Lana were doing the same.
you missed the sarcasm.
Post a Comment