There must be something basic or elemental to the pleasure taken in listening to rain fall. It's like staring at a bonfire. I could do that for hours and my best sleeps have been to the sound of rain and thunder. Soothing. Therapeutic. Fantasical, in a way.
Watching tropical rainfall from the 13th floor out our window over our pigeon-poo-covered patio is just plain lovely. If the pool weren't on the 9th floor or if there weren't thunder and lightning, I would be swimming in the rain right now.
This is one of the things about the tropics that I enjoy the most. Warm temperatures and heavy straight-falling rain. This is what I miss when I am in Holland, the land of fizzy rain and feel-it-in-your-bones cold.
Sigh. I love this kind of rain.
8 years ago
1 comment:
Hay hombre. Como lo extraño tambien. Esa lluvia que no se encuentra en estas partes.
p.s. I love reading your blog. I was thinking today how sweet it would be if you and I lived together. Then I remembered... you're married.
pps. the secret word is "mosiscom". made me think of maricon. no? fine... but I think it's because I always read those in spanish.
Post a Comment