i am legally married.
weird. i don't feel any different.
really, though, we are only half-married. maybe 28 dec i will feel like a completely different person.
i doubt it though. it's like birthdays.
cept for the whole new person moving into your house with you. i suppose that will feel strange. and good.
spanish tapas restaurants are great. (i find myself completely lacking any interesting english vocabulary. i'm losing it folks. next time you see me, i will be blubbering some combination of english dutch and spanish that make sense to no one from either lingual background...and it will least of all be interesting.).
spanish tapas restraurants are expensive. but the dishes are so good!
i can still taste the garlic.
mmm...
i have officially passed the party stage. we went out last night for birthdays of friends, ate tapas, then drank lots of beer, then went dancing. somewhere in the middle i realized that if i had one more drop of alcohol i would be spraying yummy garlic shrimp chunks over my half-husband. (yeah, that does sound weird). so i drank water for the rest of the night, despite the odd and disappointed looks from the bar tenders each time i went up for an order. apparently i look like someone they'd expect to be drinking something more exciting than water... or maybe they were hoping to have yet another girl dance like a stripper on the bar.
what is wrong with some girls anyway? do they not realize how stupid they look bouncing around with almost total lack of rythm in a lame attempt to be sexy? all they get is guys oggling their round parts. no real admiration. if you are gonna get up on the bar, at least know how to dance. or, just stay on the floor. that's an nice option too.
anywho. back to my previous point. i can't drink too much any more, and staying up till 4am just is not healthy. i am pretty much useless the next day. how did i do that before? actually, i probably was just as useless, but at that point it didn't matter... generally my roommates were in a similar state, so we just became one useless bunch together and no one noticed the fact that i had turned into a headachy blob.
ah. good times.
8 years ago
5 comments:
Hmmm...I'm not sure if my comments are registering. But anyways, I wanted to say congrats on your wedding (dear ol' Kuyper, who WOULD separate church and state!). And I'm glad that I get to see your "real" wedding, even if not the "legally official" wedding :) xx.
Congrats on being a half-wife. ? Wish I coulda been there...
About the language thing - my spanish is going down the drain. Never thought it was possible, but I guess thats what happens when you don't use something... so I've been interpreting but thats only a couple hours a month or so, and when I go I find myself struggling to think of those words I know that I know. I hate it. But if you speak a mix of English/Spanish/Dutch, I may be able to understand best of all? maybe?
I've got a great/horrible story for you, but I'll email it.
Actually, I'll blog it.
i got your invitation in my mailbox last night! that was nice. all the way from europe! for some reason alaska feels soooooo much further away from everything, despite it still being the usa.
i can not think straight after a night of hard partying. it's worse if i'm at work the next day. i can barely code, my brain is just not working right.
I bought clothes yesterday for the wedding. A skirt and a shirt. I'm not sure if they match, but oh well. :)
Post a Comment