Yesterday, Camiel woke up giving his usual "I'm sick, I really am today" routine. He does this almost every day, and we have learned to ignore it (though I occasionally warn him that if he keeps lying, someday he'll actually be sick and we won't know and he'll get worse and dye or a wolf will eat him). He was sent off to school with his dad, despite all protests, and I began my peaceful morning routine of tea, dirty diapers, coffee, snacks, naps, etc., which was broken 30min later when they both came back. He'd thrown up on the way to school.
His dad wasn't convinced that he hadn't actually done it on purpose (kids are smart little buggers; it's like they instinctively know all this stuff about how to piss off the big people...maybe it's an evolutionary defense mechanism...actually...that doesn't make sense, cause that's the kinda stuff to cut the cycle...). Anywho... he got to spend the whole day laying in bed, watching movies. After the first movie, he told me he felt alot better and wanted to play with his little brother. I told him he was sick and sick people have to get alot of rest so he better stay in bed. For the first time since I've been here, he actually tried to convince me (constantly throughout the day) that he was better. Is it mean that I wanted to teach him that being sick is no fun and he shouldn't ever try to be it again? Anyway, he didn't particulary like it (he was bored as hell).
He just complained all day.
Happily, I've learned how to tune whiny voices out of the sound waves before they reach me.
This morning he woke up with a fever.
His dad and I looked very sheepishly at each other when we found out.
Ah well. No harm done. If he was sick, then he really should have stayed in bed anyway.
So, today he didn't go to school, which means I don't have to pick him up at all...and since Wednesdays the kids go to the neighbors, I have the whole day off!
In the words of Jules: yippee! (He actually says that when he's happy. Super cute.)
Now, I'm gonna leave all you fools and enjoy my temporary freedom (which includes nap, coffee, and a trip to Rotterdam to hang out with a future-sister-in-law!).
Cheers!
8 years ago
9 comments:
YOU CHANGED YOUR BLOG!
Crazy.
Question: did you write "Pays-Bas" as your country (in your profile)? Or did my computer just translate "the Netherlands" by itself?
sister-in-law... weird. You're going to have other family and they'll be closer to you than your actual family... :( just doesn't feel right. But what can you do.
we'll see you in less than a month!!
you are a true mom. and thanks for the update!
Your excited because a child suffers!!!!!! How sick. I am completely disgusted with you. I hope you blew the money you don't have on sporadic shopping today. Ugh!
I am not excited BECAUSE he suffered. Geez... I'm not a total bitch. I was just happy to have the day off earlier than expected, which only so happened to be because he was sick.
Pff.
And no, I only bough flipflops (which I was PLANNING to buy).
And yes, it was fun.
and no, i think think yours translated for you, ann... :)
hehe...i just realized i mispelled "die"....
Post a Comment