Kitty killed a bird yesterday. She ate it's guts and then puked them up all over the floor. This is the third bird in the past two months. The last one I found lying headless at the door. No guts lying all over the place at least. Never found the head. I'm assuming it re-appeared in the litter box.
She has this spot on our coconut-fiber rug that she likes to claw. The rug is 2x3 meters in size. But she claws only the one spot. Now there's a big fuzzy spot, right by the door, the first thing you see.
I made a little hut for her last month. She likes small dark corners. Whenever there is a box in the room, she jumps in it. If I open the closet, she hides in it and I usually only find her hours later when I realize I haven't seen her for a while and then I hear her meowing but can't figure out where it's coming from. When I'm on the couch, she crawls on my lap and tries to get under the blanket. I thought the little hut would be her new favorite spot. It was. For a day. Now she's back to perching on the end of the couch or sprawling out on the one white cushioned chair which as now turned a brownish yellow from whatever dirty stuff she leaves behind.
Every morning I almost fall to my death when I walk down the stairs and kitty appears out of nowhere right under my next step. She likes to be close to us. Real close. She especially loves to run little circles around our feet. It's particularly fun when we are walking. I think she gets a sadistic pleasure out of our stumblings. Even the times we step on her tail, kick her in the head or send her sprawling across the room before falling on our own faces is not enough to gain some space.
---
We are looking for a kitten. Why? To keep kitty company while we are both gone all day. Now I will have two piles of puke to clean up on a regular basis. Two ugly spots on the rug. Two dirty spots on the furniture. Two cats constantly running under my feet. Yes, this is a completely rational decision and I won't regret it one bit.
8 years ago
2 comments:
I want a kitty. :( but the girl next door (in my apartment) has one and hers stinks actually... so maybe not.
buy GOOD kitty litter (not the cheapest stuff), clean it on time, and vacuum regularly...
Post a Comment