8 years ago
31 August 2009
The end of a wonderful summer.
The sun comes up later than it did just two weeks ago. The nights are getting longer, the days shorter, and I even see some leaves out my window at work that are changing color. Getting up in the morning is slowly becoming more difficult (though that might partly be a side effect of this horrid cold that I caught just before the weekend...). Holland is beautiful in the fall, romantic. But after fall comes winter and Dutch winters are rarely beautiful. I dread Dutch winters. They are cold, wet, windy, grey, dreary, dark. Morning light starts at 8, and night begins to creep in at 4. Just thinking about it depresses me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am with you there on the mornings. I hate it when its so dark out.
But think of all the wonderful cozy nights - drinking tea, cozyied by the fire, wrapped in a blanket reading. Okay well I don't have a fire. But I'll pretend.
Post a Comment