its so much easier to wake up in the spring/summer than in the winter. especially here, where in the winter the sun doesnt come up till almost 9am.
but this morning, i woke up to sunshine pouring in around and under the curtains and it made me happy. i like waking up happy.
holland is beautiful in the spring. the people come out with the sun, sprawled out in chairs set in every available sunny spot between downtown buildings, drinking tea or beer or other refreshing liquids. they soak in the rays as they walk to and from work and smile quietly, unconsiously throughout their day. life slows down and the air smells sweeter. flowers pop up all over the place, and never in neat little rows, but wildly running everywhere that space and sun and sidewalks allow. and they grow undisturbed, with nice little fines handed out for those who might attempt taking a bouquet home for their moms.
sigh...i love this country in the sunlight.
8 years ago
2 comments:
Wow. That sounds so much better than Abbotsford.
Man, I miss that. I had kind of the same thing today - we had a nice sunny warm day and I woke up at 10 with no alarm but I just couldn't sleep anymore and I realized how nice it was outside and just wanted to go out. So I did. And I saw tons of students out playing Frisbee or football or studying or just walking... it was great! But no flowers or coffee shops full of people. :(
Post a Comment